What to bring on your scrapbooking retreat weekend &
1. Warm slippers, comfortable clothes and cozy pajamas. Your weekend is all about relaxin’ and Scrappin’.
2. Clothing – San Diego can be cool in the evenings and early mornings. You are encouraged to layer your clothing.
3. Scrapbooking Supplies! We have a Cricut Expressions Machine with over 80 cartridges, punches, washi tape, extra cutters & tools and a computer with a printer for journaling. You will need to bring your basic supplies. Here is a basic crop-packing list, many of these items
will be available through our vendors:
- Must Haves:
• Page Kits or Supplies to create your pages (see below for an explanation of a
- Trash bag, we do not provide a trash bag
Things you might want:
• Eyelet tools
• Markers, pens, or pencil and eraser
• Stamps & Stamp Cleaner
• Idea Books and Magazines for inspiration
• Page Embellishments you like to use such as ribbons, eyelets, stickers etc.
• Scratch paper
• Baby Wipes
• Album or case to put completed pages in
• Additional lighting – depending on your individual needs you may want to bring additional lighting. Please keep in mind that we will be in a ballroom and therefore the lighting will be ballroom type lighting.
Non-scrapbooking items you may want to bring:
• Jacket, depending on if you tend to be cold or hot
• Seat Cushion
Pre-Planning to make the most of your scrapbooking weekend!
By pre-planning you will not only be able to get more done, but you will also lighten your load.
1. Select which photos to bring: Pre-planning will help you determine which photos to bring and which ones to leave at home. Photo selection is a matter of personal choice; only you know what layouts you would like to complete. A weekend retreat is also a good place to work on theme albums, by bringing photos of an entire event that you would like to work on, you are able to stay more focused.
2. Pull together page kits: Page kits are groups of coordinated patterned paper, cardstock, and embellishments. Page kits will save you time and help you get more accomplished during your retreat. You won’t need to bring every paper you own, as you have already chosen them. All you need to do is select the photos and the papers that go with them.
3. Determine how many pages you would like to complete: The number of pages you will complete in a weekend depends on how much time you will be actually scrapbooking. If your pages are very detailed and take you several hours to
complete, you won’t need to bring as many supplies as someone whose layouts are simple and completed within 30 minutes to 1 hour. It’s always a good idea to bring more planned pages than you think you’ll need because running out of stuff to work on while on your scrapbooking weekend is a bummer. By organizing your pages, you will actually be bringing less, have less to carry, but get more layouts completed.